Travel risk assessment
What is a travel risk assessment? It’s essentially a form that you email with your overseas travel application to ensure that you are safe and understand any risks that may present and that you and the University have actions in place (a plan B) should the need arise.
When do I do a travel risk assessment?
You need to submit the form at least 14 days prior to your departure for an overseas university business trip.
Just fill in the travel risk assessment form (DOC) and send it in with your overseas travel application form.
As the traveller's manager/supervisor what responsibility do I have?
Your staff/students must have reviewed the risks associated with travel and have implemented controls to eliminate or reduce the risks before you approve the travel.
For overseas you must be assured that your staff /students:
- are adequately informed about their destination
- are provided with the necessary instructions in relation to the activities being undertaken
- have undertaken appropriate risk assessments of their travel, and have implemented appropriate control measures to address any identified risks
- have appropriate approvals to travel to high risk areas
- are appropriately trained and qualified to undertake their activities whilst overseas
- are insured if taking any equipment or goods valued at $50K
- have plans in place in case of emergency situations.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org