Leave - Special Leave
The Special Leave Procedure establishes the steps and responsibilities associated with applying for and taking special leave.
|Purpose||To detail the steps and responsibilities associated with applying for and taking special leave.|
|This procedure requires actions by the following:
The key activities in this procedure are:
- request special leave
- consider requests for special leave
- approve special leave
- advise of outcome.
Notify your Executive Dean/Head of Office, in writing, of your request for special leave.
|Executive Dean/Head of Office |
CONSIDERWhere appropriate, recommend the request for special leave to the Director, Human Resources for consideration.
Consult with the staff member and their supervisor to determine whether special leave would be appropriate in the circumstances.
Director, Human Resources
In determining approval for special leave, consider such matters as the:
Where appropriate, approve the special leave request.
- reason for the request
- nature and likely duration of the illness, injury or incapacity
- prognosis for return to full duties
- staff member’s employment and leave history
- staff member’s performance, and
- other financial options available to the staff member including incapacity benefits, insurance policies etc.
Human Resources Officer
NOTIFYWhere approved, process the special leave application and maintain records for reporting and compliance purposes.
Notify the staff member and the Executive Dean/Head of Office, in writing, of the outcome of the request.
Asset ID = 423330