Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
Macquarie University is committed to creating our future Aboriginal leaders. Walanga Muru enhanced the University’s commitment and strategic direction for Aboriginal education in 2016 through the launch of the Indigenous Strategy 2016-2025 (PDF).
Walanga Muru – Office of Indigenous Strategy offers the following services and support to Macquarie University staff:
- Indigenous cultural guidance and advice
- embedding Indigenous knowledges and perspectives into curriculum
- fostering Indigenous student excellence
- links to academic support services within each faculty
- Indigenous cadetship placement opportunities
- Indigenous cultural events
- Indigenous voice for policy development and implementation
- input into Indigenous research
- supporting staff to better understand the learning needs and support of Indigenous students
- supporting Indigenous professional development.
Walanga Muru also provides tailored and individualised engagement for all Aboriginal students studying at Macquarie University. Walanga Muru is a culturally safe space where Aboriginal students excel in their learning journey and achieve educational success.
Please contact Walanga Muru for more information:
North Ryde NSW 2109
T: (02) 9850 4209
F: (02) 9850 7735