Academic staff awards
Acknowledging the nexus between teaching and research excellence at Macquarie.
Macquarie University’s Academic Staff Awards acknowledges the nexus between teaching and research. In 2017 we will jointly celebrate the highly-commended finalists and winners for both the Vice-Chancellor’s Learning and Teaching Awards and the Research Excellence Awards – celebrating our long history of teaching and research excellence.
The Academic Staff Awards is an opportunity for Macquarie to acknowledge and celebrate the diversity and quality of research conducted at our University and reward and celebrate the efforts of individuals and teams who make outstanding contributions to learning and teaching and improve the quality of student engagement, experience and learning outcomes.
Please note applications for the 2017 Academic Staff Awards are now closed.
2017 Research Excellence Award categories
- The Jim Piper Award for Excellence in Research Leadership, which recognises, encourages and rewards those researchers who are on a path to becoming research leaders at Macquarie.
- The Excellence in Research: Five Future-shaping Research Priorities, which awards recognise excellence in scholarly research, the creation, and application of research outcomes, the discovery of new knowledge or the use of existing knowledge in a new and creative way to generate new concepts, methodologies and understanding. One award will be allocated per priority.
- The Excellence in Higher Degree Research Supervision award, which recognises our outstanding Higher Degree Research (HDR) supervisors who enable our HDR candidates to achieve their highest potential.
- The Early Career Researcher award, which recognises outstanding performance in research by an early career researcher who is within five years post-completion (formal award) of their PhD or MPhil degree.
- The Excellence in Higher Degree Research award, which recognises outstanding research undertaken by a current or former higher degree research candidate. The research activity can be in any field and must have been developed at Macquarie in the past four years.
2017 Vice-Chancellor’s Learning and Teaching Award categories
- The Student Award for Excellence in Teaching (all faculties) selected and endorsed by students, this award recognises individuals who have made a significant contribution to the quality of student learning in a specific area of responsibility at Macquarie. One award will be allocated in each faculty.
- The Vice-Chancellor’s Citations for Outstanding Contribution to Student Learning recognises individuals or teams who have made a significant contribution to the quality of student learning in a specific area of responsibility over a sustained period at Macquarie.
- The Vice-Chancellor’s Award for Programs that Enhance Learning recognises and reward learning and teaching programs and support services that have made an outstanding contribution to the quality of student learning and the quality of the student experience.
- The Vice-Chancellor’s Award for Teaching Excellence recognises, promotes and rewards excellence in coursework teaching at either undergraduate or postgraduate level. It recognises teachers (individuals or groups) who can demonstrate their outstanding teaching practices and the positive enhancement to students’ learning outcomes and experiences.