Macquarie University’s Professional Learning and Capability Enhancement (PLaCE) Framework makes explicit the capabilities for the professional practice of teaching and teaching support at Macquarie. The PLaCE framework situates student learning at the centre of Macquarie’s education practice, recognising the need for staff to enhance their own learning for this purpose.
The PLaCE framework enables academic and professional staff, including sessional staff, to integrate their teaching development and evidence achievement for recognition. Its purpose is to guide staff:
- seeking professional learning and recognition of achievement,
- undertaking scholarly reflection on practice,
- applying for roles or promotion,
- serving on promotion or selection committees, and
- participating in performance development reviews.
The PLaCE framework is a key enabler of the Learning and Teaching Strategic Framework 2020-2024.
Learning and Teaching Staff Development Team:
Helping to ensure our teaching staff are supported to facilitate quality learning for students by:
- offering professional development,
- contributing to curriculum and assessment design,
- recognising and rewarding good practice,
- supporting peer review of teaching, and
- leading scholarly reflection.
Learn more about the Learning and Teaching Staff Development Team by reading their profile in This Week.
Questions? Contact the Professional Development team via email@example.com