Learning and Teaching Strategic Framework
Our Learning and Teaching Strategic Framework:2020-2024 titled Enhancing student learning to maximise future success places students and their success at its centre. The vision is to ensure our students are connected civic-minded citizens who will be prepared for the future world of work.
Supporting this vision are two key objectives:
A distinctive Macquarie University pedagogy that distinguishes how students learn and the way our academics teach to ensure we are supporting and empowering our students to realise their full potential;
Providing transformative learning experiences that include dynamic opportunities for engagement with industry and community partners.
Key enablers will support the implementation of the strategic framework and allow us to achieve our vision and objectives. Some of the enablers are:
- Staff Development – ensuring our staff receive continuous professional development and capability enhancement;
- Learning Support – ensuring student learning support needs including transition into and through study are met;
- Students as Partners – engaging students as partners in planning, managing and enhancing learning experiences;
- Program Illuminate – provision of additional learning opportunities for students that will further develop their capabilities for employment.
- Industry and Community Collaboration – collaborating with industry and community partners to deliver quality learning experiences
- Learning Spaces –provision of quality learning environments that promote inclusive learning and teaching;
The strategic framework outlines a vision for learning and teaching for the Macquarie University community for the next four years. To ensure the success of the strategic framework we request all faculties, departments and central units engage with and embrace the framework over this period. The framework belongs to all members of the university community all of whom have a role to play in achieving the vision and ensuring its success.
Any further enquiries can be directed to the Office of the Pro Vice-Chancellor, Learning and Teaching via firstname.lastname@example.org