At Macquarie, we place students at the centre of the curriculum.
Here are some tips to help guide you with program planning:
- set delivery style - is it going to be lectures and tutorials, or a seminar series? Be sure to liaise with your Head of Department (HoD)and faculty learning and teaching teams for support
- set delivery modes - is it going to be internal or external, or both? Again, be sure to liaise with your HoD
- set assessments - within parameters set by the approved unit proposal
- see Assessment Policy to help support you
- set readings and other materials - be sure to keep these relevant and up-to-date
- liaise with the library - regarding Reserve and eReserve for current course reading materials.
- map assessment tasks - ensure alignment with unit and program learning outcomes
- room booking - make sure of room availability for your lectures, tutorials or seminars
- organise the timetable
- liaise with Student Wellbeing - consider if you will need any special requirements - student accessibility etc.