EndNote is a program that allows the user to manage and organise personal libraries of bibliographic references. Its three distinct advantages are:
- The ability to create, manage and search personal reference libraries
- The use of linking to create in-text citations and bibliographies in word processed documents, using defined bibliographic styles
- The ability to import to EndNote reference libraries, bibliographic references from databases and library catalogues
Conditions of Use
The Macquarie University Licence Agreement permits use of the program for course work, research or other work directly related to Macquarie University. EndNote can be used by the Macquarie University staff or student only:
- on and off-campus on University-owned computers
- on and off campus on personally-owned computers. The computer owner must be a Macquarie University staff member or student and the licence applies only whilst they continue to be associated with Macquarie University
Installing EndNote X9 on PC
2. Login with your OneID username and password.
Note: Please be aware that the following instruction is based on using Internet Explorer, and other browsers may display slightly differently eg Chrome will go straight to Step 5.
3. When prompted whether you want to open or save the file, select Save As.
In the Save As box, change the Save as type (at the bottom), from Compressed (zipped) file to All Files.
The file name should still show ENX801Inst zip.
Save the .zip file to the Desktop and click Save.
4. On the desktop, double-click the ENX801Inst.zip icon. Two files should display:
5. To extract the files in the .zip package, click Extract all files at the top, highlighted here in red.
6. Create a New Folder on the desktop and select the destination for both extracted files in the New folder.
7. Select Extract.
8. Open the new folder containing the extracted files and double-click the file ENX801inst.msi to install EndNote.
Q. When I try to install EndNote I am being prompted for a product key. What is the product key?
A. You must extract the files from the .zip package before double-clicking the ENX801inst.msi file. Not extracting the files properly will cause you to be prompted for a Product Key and you will not be able to install EndNote.
Installing EndNote X9 on Mac
2. Log in with your OneID username and password
3. Click on the download file EndNote_X9_Site_Installer.dmg and the Install EndNote X8.app image will appear
4. Double-click on the Install EndNote X9.app image
5. This will bring up an image with Licensed to and our license name Macquarie University. Click Install
6. Click Open
7. This will launch the EndNote X8 application to customize the installation
8. Click through the screens to finish the installation process.