Such circumstances are:
- fixed-term appointments of up to twenty-four months
- fixed-term grant funded appointments determined by the granting body, such as the Australian Research Council or Australian Learning and Teaching Committee
- where it is part of a staff member's return to work program
- where a staff member is redeployed or transferred to a comparable position to mitigate the effects of workplace change in accordance with the relevant Macquarie University Enterprise Agreement
- where a candidate has been deemed appointable through a competitive selection process but was not appointed and the same role or a similar role becomes vacant in the following twelve months
- a role that requires a highly specialised skill set which does not exist in the University, including the ability to take advantage of the opportunity to engage eminent academics or professionals.
Need more help?
See direct appointment for more information.
Requisition to commence a direct appointment process is made through the Talent e-recruitment module.