Such circumstances are:
- fixed-term appointments of up to twenty-four months;
- fixed-term grant funded appointments (e.g. fellowships funded by Australian Research Council grants or Australian Learning and Teaching Committee funding);
- where it is part of a staff member's return to work program;
- where a staff member is redeployed or transferred to a comparable position to mitigate the effects of workplace change in accordance with the relevant Macquarie University Enterprise Agreement;
- where a candidate has been deemed appointable through a competitive selection process but was not appointed and the same role or a similar role becomes vacant in the following twelve months;
- niche roles that require a highly-specialised skill set which does not exist in the University;
- appointment of eminent academics or professionals (e.g. a world leading academic in a particular field of research). This may also involve teams, e.g. research teams led by the eminent academic;
- other circumstances at discretion of the Director, Human Resources.
Need more help?
See direct appointment for more information.
Requisition to commence a direct appointment process is made through the Talent e-recruitment module.