Macquarie University has a diverse range of classrooms, theatres and other facilities available for staff to book.
Academic staff timetables
Staff casual room bookings
For staff wanting to book an adhoc teaching or meeting room, login to Web Room Bookings using your MQ number and password. The system will ask you to define your room needs, dates and times. Once these details are entered, the system will list all rooms available to you.
Functions / conferences / outdoor areas
For external clients who wish to book a venue contact our Events team.
Staff organising non-university events involving an outside organisation should also contact our Events team.
Staff organising free entry university events/activities should call the Room Booking Officer on ext. 7130.
Things to consider when organising an event
- Dates and timing – check room availability before booking your guest speaker
- Budgeting – you may need to factor the cost of room hire into your entry fee/conference registration fee
- Catering – no food or drink is allowed in classrooms, you will need to book/hire additional outdoor areas
- Audiovisual – technical support needs to be organised with Audiovisual Services separately
- Parking – fees still apply on weekends and semester breaks, there are no exemptions for conferences