Active learning spaces
This project involved creating two centrally bookable active learning spaces with accompanying breakout spaces for both collaborative and general teaching & learning. The works included complete design and fit-out works including, architectural, electrical, mechanical, fire, lighting and AV works.
This project reached completion in August 2016. It is currently in the defect liability period which ends in August 2017.
Benefits and design features
- C5A 430 is a 64-person active learning space with fixed table furniture and audiovisual equipment based around groups of 8 students.
- C5A 435 is a 48-person active learning space with mobile furniture and AV, based around groups of 6 students.
- The mobile furniture solution will enable classes to dynamically re-arrange the classroom as appropriate to the classroom pedagogy.
- Two breakout rooms that also have videoconferencing capability are shared by the two new spaces.
- The academic leader has the ability to mix and match modes with the student pods: -
- students control their own screen
- teacher station controlling all the screens
- teacher station sharing the content from one student to the other pods
- These spaces are intended as prototypes for further reflection and discussion on the types of space capabilities we need in the future.
To book these rooms, contact your Timetabler or make a casual booking through the Web Room Booking System.