Staff and students receive lots of information every day from various authors, via various channels. With all this traffic it can be easy for messages to get lost. Our communications-themed workshops are available through HR's Staff Skills Development and can help you to make sure your messages reach the right people.
- Improve your emails with powerful content that achieves better cut-through and motivates your audience to take action.
- Find the balance between what you need to say and what our staff and student audiences want to hear.
- Specially tailored course by highly regarded industry expert for Macquarie staff, particularly those emailing many staff and students.
- Refresh core communication skills including active listening and questioning techniques
- Build effectiveness in communicating clearly, confidently, and assertively with others
- Improve your confidence and effectiveness in communicating with others
- Specialist media training sessions for researchers and academics across the University
- Improve skills to be able to confidently manage media interviews of all descriptions.
- Invitation-only: register an expression of interest by emailing email@example.com or call the Communications team on x6766 to discuss
Writing with clarity
- Learn to write complex information in a clear and sensible way without losing accuracy or rigour
- Understand how to write effective emails at work
- Understand how to create a professional and helpful tone and choose the right words
Writing to persuade
- Learn how to present options concisely and in a balanced way
- Understand how to decide what to put in and what to leave out
- Learn two basic structures for presenting a case and develop the skills needed to be more efficient in your writing