Corporate credit card
Macquarie University provides a credit card facility to enable the secure purchase of goods and services in support of legitimate University business expenses.
A corporate credit card is intended to provide an efficient method of purchasing minor goods and services below $5000 ex GST.
Staff issued with a corporate credit card are in a position of trust regarding the use of University funds. Expenditure on a corporate credit card must be done in accordance with the requirements set out in the Macquarie University credit card policy and procedure.
Cardholders can use the card to purchase goods and services provided that:
- the purchase is for University business and within the cardholder’s financial delegation
- the value is within the credit limit and transaction limit set for the individual cardholder
Unless a cardholder has specific and written approval from the Purchasing Manager, the card must not be used for:
- bank cheques
- over the counter withdrawals
- traveller’s cheques
- wire or money transfers
- personal expenditure
- goods or services above the value of $5000
- any IT spend over $1000
- payment of fines or penalties
- political donations or sponsorships
- loyalty, frequently flyer airline and lounge membership
Online application forms
To apply for a corporate credit card please log a OneHelp ticket:
Please select: Request Something>Finance>Procurement Management>Corporate Credit Card.
You will need to complete the following form:
- ANZ Cardholder Registration Form (this is already an attachment within your OneHelp ticket).
It is also a requirement to hold financial delegation authority. As a result you will also need to apply for financial delegation and this is subject to approval by the Head of Office or Delegate.
Before completing this form for financial delegation, you should fully understand your responsibilities under the financial delegation policy.
To apply for financial delegation please log a OneHelp ticket:
Please select: Request Something>Finance>Financial Delegation.
Processing your application
Once your application has been received, approved and processed your new card and PIN will arrive within 5 working days.
You will receive an email notification when your card and PIN are ready for collection from Finance (Level 5, AHH (Australian Hearing Hub) Building.
The card must be collected by the cardholder and you will need to show your Staff ID to collect your card. You will also have to signed an acknowledgement form agreeing to the terms and conditions for use of the card.
Credit card limits are settee minimise risk to the University from misuse of cards without constraining staff in effectively undertaking their roles:
|Transaction limit||Monthly limit||Position or type of expenditure|
|$2,500||$5,000||General administration duties|
|$5,000||$10,000||Administrators in charge of administrative duties|
|$7,500||$10,000||Administrators in charge of administrative duties|
|$10,000||$20,000||High volume travel booker - domestic|
|$10,000||$30,000||Manager (HEW 10)|
High volume travel booker - domestic and international
|$10,000||$50,000||Faculty General Manager|
The University may issue one corporate credit card at any one time to an applicant who:
- is a continuing or fixed term employee of the University
- has an approved financial delegation
- is required to make purchases as part of their role and responsibilities
- agrees to comply by the conditions of use as stated in the credit card policy, credit card procedure and all other relevant University policies and procedures.
Credit card usage
All transactions on the corporate credit card must be for a legitimate University purpose.
Card holders are responsible for the safe keeping of their corporate credit card and must keep their corporate credit card secure and their personal identification number (PIN) confidential at all times.
The corporate credit card is issued in the name of the individual staff member's name and use by any other person is prohibited.
Purchases must not be split into smaller transactions (or over multiple credit cards) to circumvent expenditure or transaction limits.
Lost or stolen cards
Lost or stolen cards must be reported immediately 24 x 7 to ANZ on 1800 033 844 (international +61 3 8699 6955).
The cardholder must also immediately report the loss via a OneHelp ticket.
If the cardholder is taking significant leave exceeding six months (i.e. maternity, long service or extended sick leave) the corporate credit card should be returned to Finance.
Reconciling your charges
Expenses using the Corporate Credit Card will be pre populated into Concur (online expense system) on a daily basis approximately 5 days after the transaction date.
Verification of your expenses
You must verify your transactions at the end of every cycle cut. A notification is sent every month by Finance as a reminder to complete your expense report for that particular time period.
Original receipts and tax invoices must be obtained for all transactions, including contactless (pay wave) transactions. In the event of lost, unobtainable receipts or tax invoices a statutory declaration must be completed if the expense is over AU$82.50 excluding GST. If the expense is below AU$82.50 excluding GST a missing receipt affidavit needs to be completed.
Once your credit card transactions have been uploaded to Concur you will need to verify that they are valid transactions. Please remember:
- If you do not recognise the name of the merchant but the amount charged looks familiar it may help to look at your receipts and see if the amount charged matches a recent purchase or transaction. Some companies use a different trading name or location to what your receipt shows.
- There can be a delay (possibly up to 7 days) between your actual purchase date and when it is charged to your account (posted date).
- The amount charged shows up differently, this could happen if a purchase is made overseas, or from a merchant that is located overseas, as the amount may change based on the currency exchange rate for that day. The amount may also differ because of surcharges (eg. public holiday) or transaction fees.
- Check if an additional cardholder has made the purchase. If you have a calendar, you may also like to check it for any prompts to help you discover what the transaction could be.
Contact the merchant
The merchant may be able to resolve the issues like:
- defective or unsatisfactory products
- refunds received from the merchant which have not been processed to your account
- purchases charged more than once
- differences in amounts on your receipt
- goods or services that you have not received.
To dispute a transaction
The following process must be followed in order for Finance to dispute a transaction on your behalf:
- Your disputed transaction must be less than 90 days old from the transaction date
- Please log a OneHelp ticket and select:
Request Something>Finance>Procurement Management>Corporate Credit Card>Disputed Transaction
- Download and complete the customer transaction dispute form. This form lists the information and documents you will need to provide
- Upload the completed customer transaction dispute form
- Finance will update your OneHelp ticket with a dispute reference number
- Once this reference number is received a credit will be processed for the disputed transaction/s
- You will need to assign both the disputed transactions and the credits to your Concur report.
Suspension and cancellation of your card
Failure to use the corporate credit card in compliance with University policy and procedure will result in revocation, possible disciplinary action and a possible requirement for repayment by the employee.
Fraudulent or other intentional misuse of the corporate credit card will be reported by the University to the police and may also be reported to the Independent Commission Against Corruption (ICAC).
A credit card may be suspended or cancelled for the following reasons:
- loss of the card
- non-compliance with the conditions of use including misuse of the card in the form of unacceptable or inappropriate expenditure
- the security of the card is compromised or it has been used unlawfully by third parties
- continued non reconciliation.
Termination of employment
Before your termination of employment from the University, card holders must fully reconcile their card expenditure and send their corporate credit card back to Finance (Level 1, EMC Building) after destroying it by cutting through the card number.
Corporate Card Calendar
Your expense report name format is first name surname month year
|Month 2017||Cycle cut start date||Cycle cut end date||Concur Report due|
|January||1 January 2017||10 January 2017||25 January 2017|
|February||11 January 2017||12 February 2017||25 February 2017|
|March||13 February 2017||12 March 2017||27 March 2017|
|April||13 March 2017||10 April 2017||26 April 2017|
|May||11 April 2017||10 May 2017||25 May 2017|
|June||11 May 2017||11 June 2017||26 June 2017|
|July||12 June 2017||10 July 2017||25 July 2017|
|August||11 July 2017||10 August 2017||25 August 2017|
|September||11 August 2017||10 September 2017||25 September 2017|
|October||11 September 2017||10 October 2017||25 October 2017|
|November||11 October 2017||12 November 2017||24 November 2017|
|December||13 November 2017||10 December 2017||15 December 2017|
|End of Financial Year||11 December 2017||31 December 2017||3 January 2018|