What is a purchase order?
A purchase order is a legally binding document between a supplier and a buyer. It details the items the buyer agrees to purchase from the supplier.
When are purchase orders used?
A purchase order is to be issued for all purchases above AU$5000 ex GST.
How do I raise a purchase order?
All purchase orders are raised through Finance One.
Training is mandatory for all staff members requiring access to raise a purchase order. To make a booking for Finance One training please click here. All bookings must be made two days in advance.
What type of purchase order do I use?
|When to use||Template ref #||F1 template code||Directions for use||Types of terms used|
|No agreement in place for non IT goods and services|
- Incorporates the Macquarie University Purchase Order Terms
- Not to be used for IT orders
|No agreement in place for IT goods and services|
IT Purchase Order
(IT Purchase Order)
- Incorporates the Macquarie University IT Purchase Order Terms
- IT orders must be initially placed via a One Help Ticket or via your Faculty IT
- Only to be used for IT orders
- Must be used in conjunction with the IT Purchase Order Schedule document
|IT goods and services standard terms|
|Where procurement is under an existing agreement|
- An executed agreement must be in place
- Used for all IT leasing requests via Equigroup
|Terms already in place under an existing Agreement|
|Customised terms have been negotiated between the parties|
Non-standard Purchase Order
- Customised terms have been negotiated between the parties
- Customised terms must be attached to the Purchase Requisition and they will then be attached to the Purchase Order
Terms and conditions
The standard terms for the University can be found here:
If your supplier does not agree with either the Standard Terms, IT Goods and Services Standard Terms, or the Property Work Order Terms, please contact the Purchasing Manager on extension 1679.
Need any assistance?
For any assistance with purchase orders please contact either: