To enable payment for goods or services, suppliers must provide Macquarie University with a compliant invoice. A compliant invoice should contain:
- Document should clearly state Tax Invoice for goods or services provided within Australia. If supplier is not registered for GST, only the word Invoice may be displayed on the document. If its an overseas supplier, this document should clearly state Invoice, Bill, Payment request or something similar to indicate its intended as a request for payment for goods or services delivered.
- The name of the supplier should be clearly displayed.
- Supplier address should be clearly displayed.
- The supplier 11-digit Australian business number (ABN) should be clearly displayed. If not quoting ABN for goods or services provided within Australia, a Statement by Supplier form needs to be attached together with the PDF invoice. Overseas suppliers do not need to quote an ABN.
- The date of invoice should be clearly displayed.
- An invoice number should be unique for each invoice provided by the supplier.
- An invoice should clearly state the client who has requested the goods or services.
- An invoice should clearly state the relevant department to which the invoice relates.
- A description of the goods or services provided should be clearly displayed on the invoice.
- If an invoice is received with GST as well as non-GST item(s), each sale should display the appropriate GST amount. If the standard 10% GST is charged, the supplier may include a statement such as total price includes GST. Note GST is not applicable for overseas suppliers.
- Purchase order: Purchase order number should be displayed, if provided by the University.
- Email address: Once payment is made, payment advice is sent to supplier via this email supplied (Required if new account to be set-up).