Returning from Travel
Travel diaries, expenses and insurance
This section provides information on the tasks that you need to complete once you have finished your travel.
On your return, there are several tasks that you may need to complete:
- Travel diaries must be completed within 5 days of each trip for all international travel and for domestic travel of 5 consecutive nights or more. For any travel deemed Dual-Purpose travel, Travellers must complete a Travel Diary.
- Claim reasonable out-of-pocket expenses.
- Retain all relevant travel documentation including the Travel Diary for record keeping and audit purposes.
- To be eligible for cover under the University's Corporate Travel Insurance:
- travel must be for authorised by the University,
- claims must be submitted within 30 days of the occurrence in accordance with the Insurable Risk Policy