Holding a conference on campus?
There are several important considerations you will need to factor in:
- Date and timing: remember to check room availability before booking your guest speaker or promoting your event by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Budgeting: you may need to factor the cost of room hire into your entry fee/conference registration fee.
- Catering: no food or drink is allowed in classrooms. You may need to book/hire an additional area for catering purposes.
- Audiovisual technical needs: support needs to be organised with audiovisual services separately.
- Parking fees: still apply on weekends and semester breaks
- There are University policies and procedures covering:
Most staff will only use the Web Room Bookings system – however, if a staff member intends to charge an entry fee to participants, or if they are booking on behalf of an external organisation that they belong to (ie Lions, Rotary, Scouts), they will need to go through Crunch Catering and Events as there will be a fee.
To organise classroom and theatre hire for conferences and other activities that charge an entry fee, email email@example.com or call (02) 9850 7604.
Classroom and theatre hire for conferences and other activities that do not charge an entry fee can be organised via Web Room Bookings, firstname.lastname@example.org or by speaking with the room booking officer on ext. 7130.