HDR Supervision Mandatory Orientation Program
Page last updated April 2019
Orientation to HDR Supervision Program
All new HDR supervisors must complete mandatory HDR Supervision Orientation. The 2020 HDR Supervision Orientation Program is offered via this iLearn site. You simply self-enrol by logging in. It is open all year and can be completed anywhere, anytime. There is no time limit in terms of how long it takes you to complete, although if you self-enrol in 2020, you need to finish in 2020. The iLearn site explains what you need to do next. Once you complete your HDR Supervision Orientation training, it remains current for four years. You will need to update your training in the months prior to it expiring.
You CANNOT be appointed as an HDR Supervisor if you do not have ‘HDR Supervision Orientation’ on your HR Online Training Record. It is important that it appear in your HR Online Training Record, because this allows it to also appear on your PURE Research Profile.
Details are available via iLearn.
Please note that there are two steps required for enrolment and completion of HDR30.
1. Self-enrol in the iLearn site for HDR30
2. Register for the current offering of HDR30 via HROnline.
Find your HDR Supervision Orientation Record in HR Online
For further information about HDR Supervision training and to find your record watch this video.
1. Log into HR Online
2. Click on 'My HR' for the drop-down menu. Select 'Training and Development'
3. Two options appear. Select 'Training History'
4. A search box will appear. Leave the fields blank. Hit 'find' and all your training history will appear.
5. HDR30 will look like this if it is on your training history (start date will vary)
6. Print or take a screenshot of your training history. You can now provide this as evidence that you are current with mandatory training for appointment as an HDR Supervisor. See the appointment process below.
Workflow for the appointment of HDR Supervisors
Retrospective Awarding of 'HDR Supervision Orientation 2018'
The following MQ staff will be automatically awarded HDR30 - HDR Supervision Orientation (2018-2020).
- All registrants on the MQSR.
- All staff who have completed HDR01 and HDR02
'HDR Supervision Orientation 2018' will last 4 years. A supervisor must then update by completing HDR20: Statement of Supervision Practice or equivalent activities.
See the relevant Q&A Blog for additional information