Mandatory orientation for adjunct HDR supervisors
The HDR Supervision Policy mandates the minimum standards of appointment for the following appointment categories: Higher Degree Research Cultural Advisor, Adjunct Higher Degree Research Supervisor, Higher Degree Research Advisor, Higher Degree Research Supervisor (End-User Partnership).
The HDR Supervision Policy mandates that all adjunct appointments must complete mandatory orientation. Mandatory Orientation for Adjuncts includes two components:
1. Your letter of offer from faculty
Your Letter of Offer from Faculty will include information about the following:
- Policy and Procedure at MQ
- The HDR Supervision Policy and Procedure, HDR Supervision
- The Student Sexual Assault and Sexual Harassment Policy. This policy removes some of the barriers which prevent reporting of sexual harassment and sexual assault, with the introduction of an online reporting form. This form can be used by students and staff to report incidents of sexual assault or sexual harassment affecting students and HDR candidates
- The Staff Sexual Harassment Prevention and Response Policy which defines the rights and responsibilities of Macquarie staff and affiliates, and addresses relationships at work. These efforts complement Universities Australia’s national guidelines for respectful supervision relationships
- Guest access information provided by Faculty to the mandatory online training Consent Matters; PLUS instructions about who to return your Statement of Completion to in Faculty, when you have finished the training
- A Statement provided by Faculty that you must sign and return, that confirms that you are aware of your responsibilities as outlined in the following
2. Mandatory training: consent matters
You are required to complete the mandatory online training module Consent Matters. All MQ students, HDR candidates and HDR Supervisors at MQ are required to complete this training. You must complete Consent Matters within 12 weeks of appointment. When you complete the course, which takes about an hour, you will receive a Certificate of Completion. This must be provided to your Faculty to be added to your HR file. It is your responsibility to make sure it is placed on your file.
In order to do Consent Matters, you will need to be provided with guest access by your Faculty contact. Information about your guest access will be provided by Faculty, in your Letter of Offer.