Macquarie University Vacation Care provides a recreational program for primary school aged children during the school holidays.
The program caters for children who are enrolled and attending primary school. Children will need to bring a hat, a packed lunch and morning tea. Afternoon tea is supplied daily.
Children also need to wear suitable clothing for the programmed activities.
Bookings open three weeks prior to each holiday period. Macquarie University Vacation Care is approved to enrol up to 55 children per day and families are encouraged to book as early as possible to secure a place for their child.
- See the program and booking information.
- Prior to booking into Vacation Care please read the fee payment policy (PDF) and Vacation Care family handbook (PDF).
|Macquarie University students||$59.50|
|Macquarie University staff||$60|
Our philosophy was reviewed in April 2016 in collaboration with staff and children.
Vacation Care will open Monday 3rd July - Monday 17th July. Our program will be open for bookings on Monday 5th June.
Please check out our April program to see what fun activities occur at Vacation Care!
The Vacation Care program changes each holiday period and incorporates a combination of excursions, incursions, art/craft, drama, cooking, games and sports. Some activities incur an additional charge and this is detailed on the written program.
Please follow these instructions when booking into Macquarie University Vacation Care:
- New and existing families please complete the booking form along with the excursion form.
- Email the completed booking form and excursion form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cheryl will send a confirmation email once your booking form is received stating you are tentatively booked in.
- Existing families can then login to Hubworks and schedule their selected days of care for their children.
- Note: If you are new to Vacation Care you will also be sent a Hubworks login details (this is an online enrolment form and where you also place your payment details) along with an Authorisation Form.
- Login to Hubworks and check your child’s details and payment details. If this is your first time, please complete the enrolment form, upload your child’s ACIR Immunisation statement and complete the banking details. If you are eligible for child care subsidies, ensure that the parent and child’s CRN details and dates of birth are completed.
- Bookings are still open. Please note Thursday 19 January and Wednesday 25 January are completely booked, you will be added to the waitlist.
- For any further information regarding the program or booking process please call Cheryl or Sam 9850 7740.
Cancellations and refunds
- All bookings must be placed by Friday 16 December, with all forms returned and Hubworks information completed. If all forms are not returned by Friday 16 December, your booking cannot be guaranteed.
- Full fees will be charged in the week prior to program commencement, Monday 19 December. Child care subsidies will be applied to approved families.
- Transfer of days may be done in consultation with the Manager, depending on availability.
- Please note cancellations and refunds once the program has started will only be considered for exceptional circumstances.
Can I claim child care benefit or child care rebate?
Yes, you can claim child care benefit / child care rebate if you have been approved by Centrelink. Please make sure your details are correct in Hubworks, and provided on the booking form. Please put in the parent and child CRN and dates of birth in order to receive entitlements. If you are unsure, please contact Cheryl at email@example.com 9850 7740
Please note if your child’s immunisation is not up to date you may not be receiving child care subsidies.
Any queries please contact: Samantha Glass or Cheryl Twohig at firstname.lastname@example.org or 9850 7740.
Download the Vacation Care Family Handbook 2016.