Teaching & Research in S2 2020
Teaching and Research S2, 2020 COVID-safe: Guidance
All Macquarie University COVID19 resources, including Vice Chancellor announcements, are available on the MQ Coronavirus website
FSE COVID-safe learning videos
All Macquarie University COVID19 resources, including Vice Chancellor announcements, are available on the MQ Coronavirus website, including Fact Sheets:
- How to fit and wear a mask correctly
- Infection Control for Students and Staff: Laboratories and Specialised Teaching Spaces
- Precautions for face to face class attendance
- How to Clean and Disinfect Your Workplace
- Emergency Response Quick Guide
- Guidance to Staff and Students distinguishing between COVID-19 symptoms and allergies
Learning and Teaching Resources
- MQ L&T Wiki: S2 2020 - Returning to Campus Information
- Teaching in a physically distanced teaching space: What I'd do in S2, By Sean Brawley, PVC Programs & Pathways
- Teaching face to face in a laboratory: What I'd do in S2, by Mariella Herberstein, Interim DVC Academic
FSE specific resources
Learning and Teaching
The Faculty has assembled the attached documents to help FSE staff navigate the various information sources that the University has provided. They translate the University requirements into a FSE context, where we have many specialist teaching spaces with specific requirements. If you encounter a situation that you believe is not covered by the guidelines, then please contact your Department Manager in the first instance, who will in turn contact the Associate Dean L&T (Professor James Downes) or the Faculty General Manager (Meredith Lowe) as required to resolve the issue.
If you have any specific concerns regarding the FSE-specific implementation of the University's guidelines then please get in contact with James Downes directly to discuss these.
- ADLT Email to FSE Teaching Staff 27 July 2020
- FSE Teaching Plans Session 2 2020
- FSE Special Consideration Slip
- FSE S2 2020 FAQs - awaiting approval
- FSE COVID-Safe Teaching Slides
Coursework Fieldtrip Approval Process S2 2020
- FSE Coursework Fieldtrip Request for S2 2020 - writable pdf
- FSE Coursework Fieldtrip Request for S2 2020 - word doc
Conduct and approvals process for off-campus research activities
The Faculty has assembled the below documents to inform FSE staff and HDR students about what to do when planning and conducting these off-campus research activities and the level of approval required before these activities can commence.
Please read these guidelines carefully as some activities require longer lead-in time and a higher level of risk assessment and approvals.
In the event that we need to make a significant update to these guidelines, we will email FSE staff and HDR students directly to keep everyone up-to-date. This will be particularly important as travel restrictions and government guidelines change, and MQ adapts their processes accordingly.
If you have any specific concerns regarding the FSE-specific implementation of the MQ COVID Safe Plan for Research, please contact your Department Manager in the first instance and they will contact the FSE Associate Dean Research (David Coutts).