VMware Horizon View
Install Horizon View Client for Ubuntu
Horizon View Client for Ubuntu runs on Ubuntu 12.04 systems and you install it by using Synaptic Package Manager
On your Ubuntu machine, enable Canonical Partners
- open update manager.
- click on settings button and supply the password for perfoming administrative tasks.
- In the Software Sources dialog box, click the Other Software tab and select the Canonical Partners check box to select the archive for software that Canonical packages for their partners.
- click close and follow the instruction to update the package list
Open the terminal windows and in the prompt type in:
- sudo synaptic
It will open Synaptic Package Manager window
- On right top corner in Quick Filter type in vmware and click on search
- In the list of packages returned, select the check box next to vmware-view-client and select Mark for Installation
- Click Apply in the toolbar
What to do next
Start Horizon View Client
- Click on Dash Home and search for vmware view or
- Click on Application and click on vmware view client
- In VMware view client window type in remote machine address