The library has an online subject guide to laser radiation hazards: http://libguides.mq.edu.au/lasers_radiation
Macquarie University Library holds the following books on Laser Safety:
- Ken Barat "Laser Safety Management" (Electronic Resource) - Comprehensive book on setting up and managing laser safety in industry and laboratory by an internationally recognised authority in the field. US-based but does refer to world standards. (Published 2006)
- Ken Barat "Laser Safety: Tools and Training" (TA 1677 .L3698 2009) - The companion book to the author's "Laser Safety Management", this is a pot-pourri of useful information and suggestions in the field of laser safety. (Published 2009)
- David Sliney & Myron Wolbarsht "Safety with Lasers and Other Optical Sources" (TA 1677 .S44 Copy1) - Probably comprehensive for its time, but now a bit old. Still has a lot of good fundamental information. (Published 1982)
- A.F. McKinlay et al. "Hazards of Optical Radiation" (RC 963.5.L54.M35 1988 Copy 1) - as for the previous book, this is now rather out of date. Modern lasers can do much nastier things to your eyes. (Published 1988)
- R. Henderson & K Schulmeister "Laser Safety Second Edition" - the library has this on order but publication has been delayed to December 2012.